Socket Head Cap Screws
What is a Socket Head Cap Screw?
A socket head cap screw is a cap screw with a cylindrical head, which has the same height as the shank diameter, and contains an internal drive, usually a hex drive.
An advantage of an allen screw over a hex head screw is the internal hex drive.
A common variant of the socket head cap screw is the low head socket cap screw. The low head cap screw has about half the head height of the same diameter socket head cap screw.
What Do We Sell Online?
Online, U-Turn Fasteners sells alloy steel socket head cap screws that conform to ASME/ANSI B18.3-2002 and ASTM A574.
Online, we list diameters from ¼” through ½”; however diameters ranging from #00 to 2-1/2” are readily available.
Socket head cap screws usually ship out the same day when ordered by 12:00 PM CST. They will ship from our warehouse or distribution centers located throughout the country.
U-Turn Fasteners supplies a variety of socket head socket cap screws not listed online, including but not limited to the following:
- Alloy Steel Low Head Socket Cap Screws made to ASME/ANSI B18.8-2002
- Zinc Plated Alloy Steel Socket Head Socket Cap Screws made to ASME/ASNI B18.3-2002 and ASTM A574. Zinc plating is CR+3.
- 18-8 Stainless Steel Socket Head Socket Cap Screws made to ASME/ANSI B18.3-2002 in 18-8 Stainless that meets ASTM F837 and ASTM F837-980 316 StainlessSteel Socket Head Cap Screws.
- Tamper Resistant Socket Head Cap Screws made to ASME/ANSI B18.3-2002 in ASTM A574 Alloy Steel or ASTM F837 18-8Stainless Steel.
- Alloy Steel Socket Head Cap Screws with a Nylon Patch or a Nylon Pellet made to ASME/ASNI B18.3-2002 that meet ASTM A574 and IFI 124.
For a quote on any of these varieties or a size not listed online, give us a call or email firstname.lastname@example.org.